Nillers

Aug 12, 2014
Start with the 6 basic necessaries.

1) Mother Board (MOBO)
2) Computer Processing Unit (CPU)
3) Graphics Card (GPU)
4) Power supply (PSU)
5) Memory (RAM)
6) Storage (Solid State Drive or Hard Drive)

7?) Case isn't necessary to run a computer, but you'll need it to keep everything together.

Additionally, these are built to reflect what you'll be using it for... work related stuff? Heavy gaming? Adobe software? etc...

badpilot2

Dec 2, 2015
Start with the 6 basic necessaries.

1) Mother Board (MOBO)
2) Computer Processing Unit (CPU)
3) Graphics Card (GPU)
4) Power supply (PSU)
5) Memory (RAM)
6) Storage (Solid State Drive or Hard Drive)

7?) Case isn't necessary to run a computer, but you'll need it to keep everything together.

Additionally, these are built to reflect what you'll be using it for... work related stuff? Heavy gaming? Adobe software? etc...
Here's the specs of the pc I plan to build
1. (mobo)Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P AMD Socket AM3
2.(cpu) AMD FX-6300 6-core processor
3.(gpu)Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 2GB
4.(psu)EVGA 500 W1
5.(ram)Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB Kit (4GBx2)
6.(storage)Seagate 1TB Desktop HDD SATA
7.(case)Bit Fenix Comrade
If you know of a better Mobo that's not ridiculously expensive please let me know...under 120$

Nillers

Aug 12, 2014
It was mostly a joke. It really depends on what you're using the computer for. I am not an expert on AMD cards or cpu's. Most intensive games like Arma 3 or other newer AAA games need a bit more horsepower in terms of a CPU which is why I prefer Intel CPUs more. However, your setup looks good. What is your budget?

badpilot2

Dec 2, 2015
It was mostly a joke. It really depends on what you're using the computer for. I am not an expert on AMD cards or cpu's. Most intensive games like Arma 3 or other newer AAA games need a bit more horsepower in terms of a CPU which is why I prefer Intel CPUs more. However, your setup looks good. What is your budget?
well I'm trying to keep it under 800, cuz I'm only a sophomore and I will be getting a job soon, so the build might take a while, but I'm getting the case sometime this week

Nillers

Aug 12, 2014
As in you have it being shipped to you now or you will be purchasing it?

badpilot2

Dec 2, 2015
As in you have it being shipped to you now or you will be purchasing it?
I will be Purchasing it and if i purchase it today i will get it the 5th, and i may have chosen a different case, its the
Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-01 Mid Tower Gaming Case

Nillers

Aug 12, 2014
ATX format is pretty common so good for that.

badpilot2

Dec 2, 2015
Sexy case!
Thats also the wrong version, I meant to show spec-02 which has a window and also is on more of a discount right now, 91$ to 46$

badpilot2

Dec 2, 2015
ATX format is pretty common so good for that.
Hey Nillers, would the Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 2GB GDDR5 DVI-I/DVI-D/HDMI/DP Dual-X with Boost and OC Version PCI-Express Graphics Card 11217-01-20G be able to run Arma 3 or will I need a 4GB one

Funar

Administrator
Staff member
A3 Team Officer
A3 Team Member
Nov 20, 2013
Michigan, USA
multiplayergamers.com
so do you use windows 7, 8 or 10, or is it chosen by your motherboard which type you can get
I'm currently on Windows 10, but I was running Windows 8.1 prior to that. If you had to choose, I'd go either Windows 7 or Windows 10. Skip 8/8.1 - it's not worth the hassle.

Funar

Administrator
Staff member
A3 Team Officer
A3 Team Member
Nov 20, 2013
Michigan, USA
multiplayergamers.com
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dQBkpg

A set up I created...not cheap but might play Arma 3 well
If your budget can afford it, add an SSD for your C: Drive, but keep the larger disk as a Storage/Secondary disk. That way, stuff that should run on fast disk can have it, but the bulk of your data would go on the secondary.

Humble Bundle Partner

We've partnered with Humble Bundle to bring YOU great games where a portion of your purchases go to a worthy cause.
Humble Bundle Partner

Humble Monthly

Humble Monthly

A curated bundle of games sent to your inbox every month. Get over $100 in games for just $12.