Funar's Gaming Rig

Discussion in 'Wiki/Guides Comments' started by Funar, Dec 18, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Funar

Funar Administrator
    Staff Member A3 Team Member A3 Team Officer

[wiki=short]funars-gaming-rig[/wiki]

spacetrain31 likes this.
  2. Toxicblood5

Toxicblood5 New Member

Well I know I do not have anything close to what you have. Lol

I just have a simple computer, good enough for me to play games. I hope one day to get a better computer though.

But all in all, that seems like it is a very beautiful computer.

3. Funar

Funar Administrator

Thanks! This is my upgraded system after limping along with an 8 year old machine that had severe overheating issues. It was beyond time for new hardware. :)

4. KlinK

KlinK Member
    ST:O Fleet Admin

might be a shocker but, I haven't upgraded my Box in a while. so mine defiantly doesn't look that impressive. pathetic in comparison actually. but gaming really hasn't been pushing the hardware lately.. like in the old days. where I buy a new video card like every 3 months.

5. Funar

Funar Administrator

Yeah, well, I was still using the same system that I had at the last VT LAN Party. :) An upgrade was LONG overdue.

6. KlinK

KlinK Member

that's understandable, I seem to be more responsible with my money now, but when I do finally decide to upgrade I will probably go all out. Just haven't hit that point yet. My linux box is showing it's age now, would be nice to make my gaming machine my new linux box. oh no this is how it starts :)

7. Funar

Funar Administrator

Careful :)

Seriously though, that system cost me about $1,600 - sure, I used many existing parts in the process, but still. My old 7-8 year old system system was close to $3k!

8. KlinK

KlinK Member

Yep about right, my rig from 7 to 8 years ago was about that much too, now my linux box. my current box is about 4 years old now and still holds up nicely. no where near that cost it was relatively cheap. Can't even compare to my P2 - 400 back in 98, I kid you not I must of sunk in about 10K in that box over the year. which was just under 1/2 my salary at that time. but I really had no expenses at that time.

9. Funar

Funar Administrator

Imagine what @bad_mojo 's desktop costs were....

10. KlinK

KlinK Member

No joke, He always had to out do me and my brother :p , and every one else.

11. Funar

Funar Administrator

Don't forget the endless reinstalls of Windows! :)

12. KlinK

KlinK Member

Yep!, or driver issues. he might of have played at least one game by 5am when we all decided maybe we should go home before day break.