FTB Monster Updated to 1.0.4

Discussion in 'Minecraft: Feed The Beast' started by Funar, Jan 7, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Funar

Funar Administrator
    Staff Member A3 Team Member A3 Team Officer

We're running 1.0.4 on the FTB Monster server now. Please report any issues in this thread.

2. Funar

Funar Administrator

I'd like to hear more from others, but it looks like between updating to 1.0.4 and the server settings tweaks we made, the lag is all but gone. Anyone else?

3. Funar

Funar Administrator

The MeteorCraft mod has been disabled until more off-server testing can be done. No more meteor showers.

4. Toxicblood5

Toxicblood5 New Member

Awww :( I was hoping to experience that on the server. Lol, oh well.

5. Funar

Funar Administrator

It'll return. I just need to balance the settings a bit more. 9 meteor strikes in 24 hours is a little crazy. Plus, there's little stopping a strike from going straight through your homes right now, unless you collect the resources to create the shields.

I may limit the meteor strikes to the Twilight Forest, or even possibly an alternate age. We'll see. Nothing's been decided other than tweaking the settings.

6. Toxicblood5

Toxicblood5 New Member

Well from what I have experienced watching it on a stream, is that you can determine the height of the meteor strike. Which in terms, say someones house is located at Y: 60 and you change the strike to hit anywhere at Y:80, then it will go towards Y:80 but any of the resources with the meteor will kind of just scatter around the area.

Granted I understand that would not be a good thing to do, only cause it will then help anyone and everyone get even the rarest resources. But you can also determine what ore's are spawned, and how long until it will strike and how many times it can strike.