Conan58's Corner: Minecraft Purchased for $2.5B

Discussion in 'News' started by conan58, Sep 15, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
By conan58 on Sep 15, 2014 at 2:00 PM
  1. conan58

conan58 Pancakes...
    A3 Team Member A3 Team Officer

Well it has happened, the evil empire of Microsoft has taken over another wonderful game franchise and is now calling its own. Mojang and Minecraft have been purchased by Microsoft. To be honest I really do not have much to say about this but say that I am really disappointed, that this was allowed to happen :(

Ok now to get off of my soap box for a minute. It is being said that the industry is receiving this news in a positive light. One of the big reasons for this is that it does show that MS, is expanding out to different sectors away from their core model. More customers, more money, more money maybe more innovative products and games. Only the future will tell what MS will do with Minecraft.

All I can say about this right now is "We will see"

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by conan58, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Funar
      Funar
      There goes the neighborhood... I worry that this means the end of the Minecraft mod community. Microsoft isn't exactly "mod-friendly" if you go by their history.
    2. conan58
      conan58
      Yeah I know, and that is what is really the bummer, the mod community for Minecraft is HUGE, and if MS stops that cold, like they are prone to do then this wonderful game as we know it will go away.
    3. Funar
      Funar
      It'll be interesting to see what happens, for sure.
    4. KlinK
      KlinK
      Ive hated Microsoft the day that I had to actually install windows 3.1 in order to play a game. I only had a 10mb hard drive which at the time windows would take up most of my hard drive space, in which I had all my cool dos games on.
    5. Funar
      Funar
      @KlinK - How do you really feel? ;)
    6. KlinK
      KlinK
      Well not saying I hate it too much now but I always felt I was forced into using Windows mainly due to gaming, I am hoping that SteamOs/Steam on Linux will give developers more desire to port games over to Linux. I did hear that Borderlands Pre-sequel will be ported over to Linux that's good news.