These are the general chat rules for MultiplayerGamers.com’s chat on YouTube, Twitch, and the MG Discord server. Note that these rules apply even when a stream is not running.
We stream because it’s fun. The games are fun to play, sure, but interacting with the community is the reason I stream. These chat rules exist to ensure everyone has a great time both during and off stream. If you don’t abide by these rules, you will find yourself banned. There are plenty of other groups out there with different rules. The TL;DR is is simple: Show respect to the stream and one another. Don’t swear, advertise, troll, and absolutely no discussions of politics, religion, or unlawful activities.
GENERAL RULES AND BEHAVIOR
- English is the required and only language in chat.
- All chat is rated PG, regardless of the game being played or its content.
- Links require approval from a mod. You can contact one of them for link approval. if they say “no,” the answer is no.
- If you are a subscriber for 3 months or more, you are able to post links without moderator approval. However, keep in mind that chat rules still apply so do not post a link to anything that might lead to a ban.
- Discussion of religion, politics, or unlawful activities are not allowed. These topics are are far too divisive and create unwanted drama.
- Be yourself, but always remain respectful to me, the moderators, and the viewers.
- Do not demand anything. This includes changing the game, how to play the current game, giveaways, donations, or anything.
- If I’m stuck in a game, feel free to help, but tell me what to do.
- Ignore trolls. The mods will take care of them. If you give them attention, it will only get worse.
- Don’t ask to be a moderator. Mods will be selected by myself on a schedule that is not published anywhere.
- No colored text, ASCII art, or any other obtrusive chat.
- Follow the rules, have fun!
- Advertising yourself, channels, streams, products, accounts, events, or anything else without asking a mod first will almost always lead to an immediate ban. If you are unsure, ask a mod first. This is your only warning.
- Racism/sexism/homophobia or hate towards me or others will not be tolerated.
- Impersonation. Don’t pretend to be someone you’re not.
- Breaching privacy. Do not post other peoples’ full name and/or addresses in chat, forums, discord, teamspeak, Facebook, or anything else.
- Lewd or offensive Twitch names or names.
- Spamming messages repeatedly. I may not have seen your post, or for whatever reason, chose to ignore it. Repeating the same message or POSTING IN ALL CAPS will nearly always get you a timeout.
- Posting spoilers about a game unless you’ve been specifically asked for one by me.
- Posting spoilers about sporting events taking place while the stream is going on – especially the Oakland Raiders.